Saturday, May 28, 2011

Waiting...

Something new.  I've been thinking about starting a blog for a while now.  I've always been an avid "journal-er" and although not the best writer or the greatest at articulating what's really going on "up stairs", there's a whole lot going on up there.  I thought, what the heck?  I'm on maternity leave and have some spare time.  Who knows if I will be able to keep up with blogging as I head into the world of motherhood...any day now...but I will try, and I'm sure as heck going to have a lot to say.  I feel that a creative outlet, especially one in which will be focused on lovelyness (don't think that's a word, but it should be) would be fun and probably a better way to spend my "free" time than watching the plethora of reality shows that I have been excessively drawn into.

Speaking of something new.  It is May 28th, and nearly four days past my due date.  I'm dying to meet my precious daughter.  For the past week I lay awake at night, begging her to come join me, to come out and play with me and daddy!  We cannot wait to meet her, to see her precious face and tiny fingers and toes.  How surreal and lovely it is to be in this moment of anticipation, excitement, and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment