Friday, July 1, 2011

A lovely day.

June Olivia York FINALLY decided that it was time to come out and meet her mommy and daddy.  Being eight days late, June also decided that she wanted to be born in June.  She was born on June 1st at 9:51pm.  When June was placed on my chest for the first time it was one of the most surreal moments I've ever experienced.  Seeing her cute face and body for the first time was overwhelming and so exciting.  It was strange to finally see what she looked like after wondering for so many months.  I have to admit, she was a lot cuter that I had expected.  She had a full head of hair, also unexpected since Allen and I were both bald at birth, and her eyes were wide open.  She was beautiful.  I remember saying "I can't believe she's mine!"  It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment